Thursday, May 22, 2008

PLAYING CATCH-UP...

I know I owe you all [all five of you] an actual post, rather than random poems thrown off by various events which remain unexplained. But life is pretty hectic right at the moment, and may stay that way, with occasional breaks for good behavior, for some time.

Leaving my long-term job for short-term, better-paying work seemed like a good idea, but it throws one hell of a monkey-wrench into my carefully laid plans for the summer, which revolved mostly around getting laid in, excuse me, moved out to the Big Woods. And so I am playing catch-up in just about everything, and it will be a while before it is time to play catch-up here "at sea."

The last couple of weeks, and especially the weekends, have been great, despite the occasional drama. I got to introduce the Goat to a raft of my friends and relations, and had to suppress a grin when he complained how hard it was to meet so many people in such a short time.

You know, when it's his turn, it's all about how tired he is.
When it's my turn in the barrel, it's about how difficult I am.
What's wrong with this picture?

In actuality, not much.
Thank heaven.

Hang in there, everybody. C

2 comments:

  1. Keep hanging yourself, sweet man. And I love your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BT:

    How nice to know that someone actually READs the stuff.

    "We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."

    T@C

    ReplyDelete