Monday, November 03, 2008

SO BADLY I CAN TASTE IT...

It will be a thrill to vote tomorrow, my first time in the Big Woods and the first time in decades that I have been able to vote for rather than against someone. (There was a brief moment in 2000 when it looked like it might turn out to be Bradley against McCain, but then, as we all know, it wasn't.)

But mostly, it will be an enormous relief to have the thing over and done with at last. I know it's only been about two years, but it seems like the 2008 election has been going on since the dawn of time. Certainly the last eight years has seemed like the Stone Age in some regards...

Here's my cheerful thought from the early summer: no matter who wins, it can't get any worse than it has been...

That's what I thought until McCain made his vice-presidential choice. Then I began thinking about McCain's general health and his, um, age. I have to say, even if I hadn't been for The Big O from the beginning, I would have to stand with Colin Powell on this one. Tina Fey would have been a better choice all 'round, to my mind... and who would have known the difference?

Hang in there, all.
See you all Wednesday.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment