Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I NEVER COULD STAY MAD...

Well, here I am all of twelve hours later, wondering what has become of the day. Actually, I know where some of it went--quite a bit of time went into this morning's post, which followed right after the oh-so-informative doctor's appointment. But I was wrapping up my evening by checking out the BlogBrothers, and came across the Toasted Bear's Gay Test [click here].

OK, I said, if my Southern Fried Friend is 42% "stereotypically gay," what am I? The answer:

You are 23% stereotypically gay.
You have a hint of gayness about you, but only very slight. You might have a few qualities that fit a gay stereotype. But in general few people are going to think you're gay.

And if you think that makes any sense whatso- ever, think again. Give me a @#$%-ing break.

After last night's alarums and diversions, I think I can safely say that I am way more than 23% gay, with or without stereotypes. In fact I'd be lucky to be classed as 23% straight, or even 23% bi, at this point. What can I say? My BF turns me on. And he introduces me as his partner these days, which is progress and promotes lots of good feeling. I even reciprocate, myself, though the months when he was so cagy about saying a defining word did leave their mark, and, having learned not to rush him, I now find it takes work to keep up with him. We've slowly worked our way up from "friend" to "boyfriend" to "lover" to "partner." No matter how long it takes me to feel at home with the word, myself, now, it sure sounds good to me...

I was always a bit of a weeper, but as I've gotten older, it's gotten worse. We watched Alejandro Gonzalez Iñàrritu's Babel and I had a real hard time not losing it. I have no idea how you folks out there feel about a movie that takes place in mostly foreign languages and has no subtitles, but the whole thing blew me away. I was mighty glad the Goat was there to hold my hand and generally keep me on an even keel. Which he did.

Then he went home to do his class prep, and I slipped back onto the internet.

That's life in the Big Woods, folks.
Take it or leave it.

Hang in there.
C

1 comment: