Saturday, July 26, 2008

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS...

The good news is that the Goat called in today as he was leaving Vacationland for the Gay Mecca on the way home--well, almost on the way home; it turned out he was missing me as badly as I am missing him, so that was nice.

We discussed the scheduling for the week ahead, which is a little baroque, what with his return, my visit en route to another round of meetings, my return for what I hope is a Very Relaxing Weekend, followed by my departure for Nowheresville again to get cracking with The Move.

The bad news is that he is spending two days in aforesaid Gay Mecca without me.

It's not a question of not trusting him to keep it in his pants; I would trust him even if he didn't keep it in his pants. No, it's more the thought of his doing something he'd wanted to do for a long time, but without me. I had better get used to the idea; there is no way I am going to be able to stay in step with his travel plans, even before he retires [in not very many years...].

But the really good news is that I am driving the first load of junk out to the Big Woods on Monday, and will get to see him sometime on Tuesday. We have until Wednesday noon before I set off for the Little Metropolis in the Middle of Nowhere, which is where the production work is taking place. Woo-woo. I'm sure I'll be able to survive anything they throw at me in said Little Metropolis with the looming prospect of our first weekend together in four weeks coming so soon...

I can taste it already. Come on, Tuesday! If absence makes the heart grow fonder, it's presence makes the heart start healing...

Hang in there, guys.
You know I try to, myself.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment