Thursday, November 08, 2007

STAR WARS XXXII...


ARIES/TROLL

Read these lines by Israeli poet Yehuda Amichai, translated by Chana Block and Stephen Mitchell:

"A flock of sheep near the airport or a high voltage generator beside the orchard: these combinations open up my life like a wound, but they also heal it. That's why my feelings always come in twos."

Draw inspiration from this passage. Rather than experiencing the riddles and contradictions of your life merely as painful schisms, think of them also as mysterious unifications.



CANCER/GOAT

Though Wales is at the same latitude as Siberia, it's free of frigid tundra. Still, its climate isn't exactly balmy. Cool, cloudy, damp days are common. That's why Welsh horticulturalists cheered with shocked exultation last summer, when three outdoor banana plants produced fruit at the National Botanical Garden. It was an unprecedented miracle.

I predict a comparable development for you, Cancerian. A source that has never been more than lukewarm will get downright tropical. An influence that has been inhospitable to your passion will become fertile and welcoming. As a result, you will bloom in a way you never have before.

For your own celestial silliness, click here.

Or not.

I find that I am coming to the end of my wonder at and enthusiasm for this guy's horoscopes.
And after 32 different citations, it's also probably about time. A year or so ago it did seem that he was looking over my shoulder [maybe he just writes for people who are tanking, or on the beginning of a rebound]. Then it got interesting when it turned out that the Goat took it all rather more seriously than I did. Even that shine is off, though. I don't know. Call it cut-and-paste fatigue. Anyway, you may be on your own for horoscopes until he hits another bull's-eye.

The only real news, aside from the countdown to our Thanksgiving trip to the coast [NINE more days!] is that the Goat is laid up with a fever after taking several inoculations at once in the same arm. His arm is hurting like hell, and I am hurting like hell being so far away from him, and it just all seems grim. On the other hand, if that is the biggest thing we have to deal with, we are probably doing OK.

Which I basically think we are, even though Himself has some doubts about the degree to which my life seems to revolve around him -- as any sensible person would, I suppose. Well, we'll see where it all goes: we've never spent an entire week together, and it's going to be a crash course in his West Coast connections, none of whom I've met, though God knows I've heard how wonderful they all are rather a lot.

What I am really looking forward to is meeting his family... I have always felt that you know someone a lot better after you have met his family, and parents in particular. That's no longer possible in this case, I'm sad to say. Be grateful for your family, no matter how crazy they drive you.

Hang in there, all.
I will, if I can only get some of my "free lance" work done so the deadlines don't all pile up on me.

Wish me luck.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment