Wednesday, July 04, 2007

GOAT WARS IV...


Behold, two men together in a groove:
One calm, stripped down to essence and his wont;
One wild, bereft, both prone and prey to strife.
Can you conceive a less propitious match?

Well, love waits not on understanding. Love
Has rules, but they're its own; indeed they don’t
Line up with those that rule the rest of life.
It’s clock’s the human heart, a willful watch,

A time-bomb in our flesh: it beatswe move
Declare our love like warmarch to the front,
But not with bayonets, with fork and knife
No trenches but the table, bed, and couch.

Since we began in bed, how shall we court?
No night is long enough, and time is short.

Now, why did it not occur to me until now to read GW II and III in sequence? Either I am fortified against disaster, or I'm not. And I knew long ago that this would never become my dream of what might be.

So, let the gods rain down the truth upon my opened eyes... I am ready.


And in the meantime, I'll make the most of every moment. I know it doesn't make any sense, but since when have lovers done that? God knows I never have.

Hang in there, all.
Be careful what you wish for...
c

1 comment:

  1. If anything, he's a hell of a muse for you...all these poems you've been writing are awesome.

    ReplyDelete