Wednesday, May 30, 2007

HOW WEIRD IS THIS?

Some of you may have already figured this out, but it just drifted back into my consciousness the other day, and I have been chewing on it.

My first night with the Goat came immediately after Ash Wednesday. [So much for giving anything up for Lent; I did actually consider it, but I decided that so much of my life had been Lent for so long, that I was beyond Lent this year...] OK, that's a little weird. Then he went off to the beach.

I was not about to argue when he arrived home and offered another get-together, but it did cross my mind that this was how I was choosing to celebrate Easter. It was, as I have said before, one hell of a holiday, even if it wasn't exactly Easter.

But there was certainly something new coming to life that had been long dead, so maybe we came close. Well, ball park...

Our next meeting came really close to Ascension. That was the weekend of my great disappointment, of his failure to come to me because he was busy tending the RBF. [Now why does that not weigh at all in the scales on which every moment of the last months is now being weighed?] I just "released" my concern about losing his presence here, I went down, and it was @#$%-ing incredible. As I think I have said...

I was beginning to relax...

Then, finally, his visit here. The day before Pentecost, which by now I had COMPLETELY forgotten. [Is anyone beginning to see a pattern here?] And this is where he finally pushed me. Nearly pushed me over the edge, but certainly pushed me beyond where I had ever been before except in a few of my wildest dreams... and as I said before, this appears to be the beginning of a very slippery slope. Where this is going, I frankly have no @#$%-ing idea. How could I?

But it does strike me as slightly peculiar that the Church Guy, the UnderCover Catholic [and you thought UCC stood for "Unitarians Considering Christ"; well, think again], had thrown everything over to follow the "Goat-Man from Hell," that Black Sabbath goat who was probably the god Pan being worshipped by highly conservative peasants who refused to change their ways despite centuries of official Christianity. Hmmmmmm.

Well, it's not like I didn't know what I was doing. It just seems peculiar once you put it all together.

To me, anyway.

If it seems normal to you, perhaps you could explain how. Leave a comment or click "Troll Mail" in the sidebar and tell me how.

Hang in, there, guys.
I sincerely wish you a high like this
on your roller-coaster ride.

All I can say is that after all the dips, this is definitely the best part of the ride I've had for some time. As Daffy Duck says, "Woo-woo."

No comments:

Post a Comment