Sunday, August 06, 2006

INTERMISSION:
MORE BURROUGHS and a DREAMER...

My copy of Augusten Burrough's Sellevision arrived in the mail today. I had gone over to start the "final" dismantling of my office, and found it in the mailbox. So I'm afraid that Mr. Davies and his serious literary undertaking are going to have to take a back seat to more giggling gayness. The mighty faggot stretches his wings and takes flight...

Brother Augusten is in a rather nasty spot, though, because he basically writes about himself. [Or, as he puts it, he spends eight hours a day writing about the other sixteen, eight of which he spends asleep...] So when he runs out of stories, or his partner decides he's had enough of being described for the general public, or, God forbid, just ups and leaves, it's going to be hard for "Auggie". Here's hoping he finds things besides advertising and alcohol [though he is great on both topics, and surely hasn't mined
everything yet] to fuel the fires. And doesn't wear out his good will...

On a more serious note, welcome "Drey", blogging as "Waking Up", and bound to turn up in the sidebar at some point when I get my act together. [Word to the wise: don't hold your breath...] But his blog does raise the question: is there a single straight church musician in the United States of America? I am beginning to think the answer is: not really, no matter what you see...

My one close lesbian friend reacted to my sorry news by offering me the name and number of a friend of hers who went through all of this ten or so years ago. The pay-off is that he FOUND someone to be his partner. OK, so he was in his forties, and not creeping up on sixty like some of us...

Why didn't I know about him six months ago?
or about the GBQ office in our little burg, which has just gone under for lack of funding?
It was out there when I needed it, and I couldn't find it.


Oh, well, lunch on Wednesday should be interesting.
How I wish it had happened in December...


1 comment:

  1. oops, I missed something..
    you are reading Robertson Davies?
    If so, excellent!
    He is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete