Sunday, July 23, 2006

INTERMISSION...
NEED I SAY MORE?

Below the Radar posts:

Anyway, the first thing I did after meeting this guy is calculate his body mass index....he looked so good that I want to be in the same place. So my goal is a BMI of 22.3.....just like him, and I need to be at 147 to get there. I was planning to lose 10 pounds and be at 150....so it's just an incremental 3 pounds....easy. It's a return to a familiar place, as I was at 145-150 last summer.

One big positive of being gay is that you really can't let yourself get out of shape. If you do, you're out of business. In this gay culture obsessed with looks, if you let yourself go you'll be summarily dismissed by most guys. I think it's true for straight guys too....although to a lesser extent. If you are in good shape you'll get laid more.

Good @#$%&-ing grief.
That about says it all, doesn't it?
In case anyone thinks I will be hitting 160 anytime soon: think again.

3 comments:

  1. hmm... I guess that gays have a use-by date! There must be a lot of lonely old men out there. What a shallow and self-centred pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard that the signs of an affair include: getting a tan, buying new underwear and loosing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard alot about this among my older gay guy friends too. They felt that turning 40 was like some kind of death knoll. Personally, I always like the non-perfect average joe (bearish) looking guys better, over 40 was better. Also, I wouldn't want someone who were so stuck on themselves, so self absorbed and were not down to earth, funny or smart etc. Some of us gay guys actully really like older, overweight, balding men! I definitely do. I'm not saying what I like is common...but there are "hot guys" out there who do like the non-stereotype.

    ReplyDelete