Thursday, July 02, 2009

A LITTLE CRAZED...

I haven't posted anything recently.

It's partly that it's been raining since the dawn of time and my chlorophyll levels are down to nil, which means that I barely have the energy to get out of bed in the morning.

It's partly that I am now working out at the college job four days a week and commuting back to the Big Woods to sleep four nights a week, and keep thinking I am going to meet myself coming and going on the highway.

It's partly that what between the wedding and trying to meet a few deadlines on time before the Goat and I take off for the West Coast, I feel like I don't have the time to breathe. I do, I just feel like I don't. I waste enough time on the internet to get most everything done; guess how I spend the time...

New deadline on semi-new job next weekend... aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Anyway, it's not that life doesn't go on. It's just that as it goes on, I get shorter of breath all the time. Must be something about being Beyond Fifty-Five...

We had dinner with a bunch of very nice thirty-somethings the other night, and I felt like such a geezer I probably made more than one remark too many on the subject. Also tried to explain things to people who knew more about them than I do--and how I HATE it when people [no names, please] do that to me.

Do you think I could still turn into my mother before I die? God help us all.

I went and saw "UP" again this evening, after dinner with the Favorite Daughter. I still laughed out loud. And what I really love is the way Pixar stories are constructed down to the millimeter.

As Ibsen is said to have said: if a gun is hanging over the mantle in the first act, make sure it goes off in the last act; and for God's sake, if a gun is going to go off in the last act, make damn sure you hang it over the mantle in the first act...

"I do not like the cone of shame."
That about sums up my life, come to think of it.

Hang in there.
And keep breathing.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment