Tuesday, November 04, 2008

LAST CHEAP SHOT...

It's late, and I just thought I would get one last cheap shot in under the wire.


And then, at 11:25, I checked the New York Times website, and it said that McCain had called Obama to concede the election. The Democrats appear to have picked up seven seats each in the House and Senate so far.

I can't believe it. This country, which I have loved and lamented for so long, has just elected a black president. [OK, a mixed-race president perceived as black. Who cares?] I have hoped for this day so long, and now that it's here I just can't quite believe it.



Well, here's wishing you all dreams as sweet as this one.
And wishing they all come true. It only takes time.

President-elect Obama. How does that sound?

Good night.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment