Thursday, August 07, 2008

A SOBERING THOUGHT...


I occasionally check in with StatCounter just to see what's going on here at Sea, and I usually come up with the same information.

A large number of people, especially Asians, are looking for Gengoroh Tagame, a few more are looking for Greasetank, but more often than not, people are brought here by one particular, single image, which they select out of a Google image search, presumably for "gay+kiss+underwear." And now I understand why: it's the third image that comes up for that search. I couldn't pay for better location on Google, but then, I'm not really trying to get people here to look at pictures...

So I thought I'd post it again just to remind you what brings traffic here; if it were actually people looking to read what's here, I think the numbers would be rather different. As it is, there seem to be only 30-55 "returning visitors" a week, which gets us down to 4 to 8 readers a day...

Why do I keep going?
Now there's a question... Everybody else seems to have packed it in, or be on summer vacation. Maybe there's a lesson there...

Hang in there, all.
C

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your counter will reflect one regular visitor from South Africa, even if he is remiss in commenting.


    I still maintain my thoughts on the wisdom of trolls.

    ReplyDelete