Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BABY STEPS... OUT...

Last weekend brought another one of those little milestones. We have been rolling along, getting used to each other, the Goat and I, and then, late Saturday afternoon, there it was. I found the one remaining sane cell in my body asking:

How exactly did we get here?


The answer, I'm afraid, is rather simple:

You stop censoring yourself.

You sit back [OK, OK, lie back...] and let things happen. And then once in a while, you just light up like a Christmas tree. You just know this is the way you were made. You didn't ask for it, but there it is.

You never know what it's going to be that does it, but it does, and it did, on Saturday afternoon. All the other cells just went rolling with it and loved it, so when that still, small voice said: How did we get here? the rest of me said: Shut the @#$% up, sit back, and enjoy the ride. And that is exactly what I did...

It still gives me pause, if not the creeps, but there we are.

Hang in there, all.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment