Sunday, September 30, 2007

FORGOT TO MENTION
NAME OF MIRACLE...

Here's what I neglected to say:

Although my lover had had not had a day off in two weeks,
he came up to see me anyway.

Although he was tired as all get out,
he dragged his friends up to meet me.

Although he could have stayed home,
he came. So he left when he felt he had to...

HE CAME.

And I would have been a basket-case if he hadn't; this weekend included what would have been my 28th wedding anniversary. Now of course, only happening in some other, parallel universe...

As it was, he came, he held me, we made love. It was good. Nothing else much matters, really.

Last year at this time, I was still commuting to my old home, cleaning out "stuff," and left my [now ex-] wife the flowers we had had at our wedding in a vase on the kitchen counter, which my children, who saw me do it, thought extremely odd.

What can I say?

Life is not as clean-cut as they appear to think. Especially not where my heart and head are involved.
Love is blind.

And sometimes that seems like a really good thing.

Hang in there, all.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment