Friday, May 18, 2007

THE EX-WIFE,
THE GOAT'S REGULAR B.F,
THE GOAT, AND ME...


It's going to be quite a week...

First there's graduation, featuring the first meal I have shared with Isis since last July. I have no idea how she is approaching it, but I have a lot of hope invested in it. Some hope of some sign that we can come out on the other side of the last year or so and relate to each other as human beings...

Then, the Goat's Regular Boy Friend announced that he was coming in from the Woods to attend a conference in the Big City, only a hop, skip, and a jump on the other side of Nowheresville. He had two evenings free: would I meet him for dinner? I didn't really feel I could say no, much as I might have liked to: our relationship is weird enough for me without having to face it directly. I guess it's just one more step on the Royal Road to being a Real Gay Man. Needless to say, at this point, the Mighty Faggot is nowhere in evidence, and the Inner Girl is rushing to batten down any hatch she can manage to operate.

Let's say I have less hope and more worry invested in this one...

Then on Saturday the long-awaited arrival of the Goat himself. He did have the tact to suggest that this week might be a bit of a roller-coaster for me emotionally. Well, he gets to deal with whatever's left...

I am beyond praying for myself here, but will gladly take any offered from the surrounding electronic haze...

Here's wishing your weeks are a little less... weird.

Hang in there, all.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment