Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW STAT-COUNTER YEAR

One of these days I will remember to check the stat counter at the end of the month when it actually has something to say. However, over the last week or two, I have jotted down some of the things that caught my eye, including visits from unlikely places: Hebei and Dalian in China, Jedda, Saudi Arabia, Tel Aviv, Budapest, Barcelona, Morocco, Sudbury, ONT, and Boise, ID.

I am used to the fact that people from interesting places tend to be looking for Sagat or Greasetank, and are doubtless somewhat puzzled; however, they can't be any more puzzled than I was to discover that someone in Atlanta, GA somehow got referred here from a site on "dating tips for men seeking women." Just what kind of tips are they giving? Some poor guy in Minnesota got here by looking for crock pot recipes. Was it the spam recipe I quoted from my gmail spam page??? But my favorites were Google searches for
"sea troll height," and
[from the UK, of course]
"gay men who like wellington boots."

Can't you just imagine?

November was my big month, posting 754 "unique" visitors [we're all special!], as many as October and December combined. 85% of visits are new visitors, and only about 10% return. On the other hand, there is some poor soul in Rochester, NY who has visited 26 times in January alone. It's not that I can't imagine anyone doing that -- when I first discovered "Closetman" and the "Mind of a Bear" I spent a lot of time reading -- it's that I can't quite picture them doing it here. If you know what I mean.

drill down3461.82%United StatesUnited States
drill down47.27%CanadaCanada
drill down47.27%South AfricaSouth Africa
drill down23.64%AustraliaAustralia
drill down23.64%GermanyGermany
drill down11.82%ChileChile
drill down11.82%Korea, Republic OfKorea, Republic Of
drill down11.82%Serbia And MontenegroSerbia And Montenegro
drill down11.82%Unknown-
drill down11.82%IsraelIsrael
drill down11.82%United KingdomUnited Kingdom
drill down11.82%FranceFrance
drill down11.82%ItalyItaly
drill down11.82%SingaporeSingapore
Rochester NY 26 visits in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment