Sunday, July 30, 2006

THIS JUST IN...
MY FLORIDA SISTER WINS A GOLD STAR

My Florida sister sent me an e-mail yesterday, and said the nicest thing anyone has said yet:

"I know you would not do this unless you saw no other way."

It was so wonderful to have someone finally understand something all on their own, without elaborate hints, hand signals, mime acts or explanations. Actually, both of my oldest sisters, the Southern ones, were wonderful about it, in their different ways. And my local sister did her best -- she did invite me over and feed me, after all, even if she proceeded to kick me when I was down. She just didn't think. Just the way I don't think. But then, I'm repeating myself. Again.

This is a slow road, and I think I need more funny books. I have Mr. Burroughs' Possible Side-effects on hold at the library, and to be perfectly honest, I can't wait.

It's the mighty faggot in me, I know.


Thanks for all the words of support.
As my friend Mr. Flip says: "one day at a time".

Oh, FlipMan, maybe you should take a look at DRY.
Go ahead, click on it.

3 comments:

  1. I sense a calmness in your writing since the change. That's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Troll, I read it a long time ago. And I love it!

    Hang in there.

    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well deserved Gold star. It's strange how others might make it sound like this was some kind of spontaneous decision. Keep in mind their good intent, I notice a lot of brains go on the fritz...
    Things seem a little brighter in your writings recently though, and I'm happy it's going relatively well. Funny anything is a good thing..."mighty faggot"?! Funny.

    ReplyDelete